Sellers can edit the weight & dimensions originally specified on their shipping labels. These labels are calculated based on the weight of the items the seller sold during their livestream and in the marketplace and in the case of multiple orders, should be reflective of the aggregate weight of the orders in that shipment as well as the weight of the packaging material.
We encourage you to carefully weigh your items before creating listings to ensure you do not have to cover additional shipping costs. We also recommend using custom shipping profiles for the items you sell regularly.
However, we recognize that sometimes our weight / size calculation might not correctly reflect the actual size of the package. To edit the package's weight and dimensions:
- Navigate to Seller Hub: Shipments tab on the Whatnot website
- Select the shipment you would like to edit from the Seller Hub by clicking on the pencil icon
- On the right panel that appears, edit the shipment’s weight or dimensions, or alter from a Flat-Rate Box to standard Priority Mail label as needed. Click “save” to record your changes
- If this edit will cause the shipment cost to increase, you will see a pop-up message indicating the cost increase before purchasing the label
- This cost increase will be deducted from your earnings for that livestream or from the marketplace order
Adjustments for US sellers
There are three types of adjustments:
Free adjustments. Sellers will never be charged (unless we identify pattern abuse) for:
- Weight changes within Priority Mail or Ground Advantage shipping for packages less than 1 lb (ex. 4 oz → 8 oz)
- Weight changes for packages between 1 - 5 lbs (ex. 2 lb → 4 lb)
- Weight changes if the Flat Rate Boxes option is selected on the livestream (ex. Flat Rate Boxes are enabled for packages > 5 lbs, and adjusting the weight from 3 lbs → 15 lbs)
- Bundling shipments if the label cost of the bundled shipment is less than the cost of 2 separate labels.
Non-Free Adjustments (Allowance of 5 per Week). All sellers will get 5 free shipping label adjustments per week for the following adjustments. Allowances reset every Sunday at 7pm ET. For any adjustments outside of these 5, we'll deduct the incremental cost of the new label from your earnings. These adjustments include:
- Increasing weight from less than 1 lb to 1 - 5 lbs (ex. 4 oz → 2 lb)
- Increasing weight from 1 - 5 lbs to 5+ lbs (ex. 2 lb → 6 lb)
- Opting out of a Flat Rate Box if the Flat Rate Boxes option was selected on the livestream (ex. Flat Rate Boxes are enabled for packages > 5 lbs, and changing 6 lb Flat Rate label to a standard 6 lb Ground Advantage label)
- Increasing dimensions to over 1 cubic foot (1728 cubic inches)
- Increasing a dimension to > 22 inches (References: Ground Advantage & Priority Mail)
- Unbundling shipments, where the cost of 2 separate labels is greater than the original shipment
- Seller-initiated upgrade from First-Class Mail Letter shipping to Priority Mail or Ground Advantage
Non-Free Adjustments. The following adjustments are not eligible for the 5-adjustment allowance above and will result in an immediate charge:
- Purchasing shipping add-ons, like insurance or signature confirmation
- Increasing dimensions of a package to over 2 cubic feet
- Increasing the weight of shipments from less than 1 lb to over 5 lbs (ex. 4 oz → 6 lb)
If the weight of your package is not accurate, USPS may return the parcel. Sellers that do not accurately input the weight of their shipments may be actioned according to our Trust and Safety guidelines.
Adjustments for Non-US sellers
For a limited time, non-US sellers will not be charged for shipping adjustments. Note that we are going to monitor patterns of usage of this benefit and take appropriate action if we identify any signs of abuse.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.