Buyers are not charged on a per order basis, but charged based on the total weight of their orders, which in some cases may mean an additional order does not increase their shipping cost.
Package weight. Per USPS package weight guidelines, packages < 1 lb are rounded up to the nearest ounce. Packages > 1 lb are rounded up to the nearest pound. Examples:
- Package weighing 4.2 oz gets rounded up to 5 oz and would fall in the 4-8 oz price tier
- Package weighing 15.1 oz gets rounded up to 16 oz and falls into 1-2 lb price tier
- Package weighing 6.3 lb gets rounded up to 7 lbs and gets charged for the 6-7 lb price tier
Packages less than 1 lb
These will ship via USPS Ground Advantage Package Service at a rate based on weight and distance, ranging from $3.59 to $6.78.
Packages 1 - 5 lbs
These will ship via USPS Priority Mail (or Flat Rate if the seller has that option selected) at a set rate of $8.35 per shipment. Once a buyer’s combined orders reach 1 lb, they can continue to purchase items for no additional shipping cost until their combined shipment crosses 5 lbs
Users in the below zip codes are excluded from reduced pricing and will be charged USPS commercial rates for all packages except when the Flat Rate option is selected by the seller. The shipping cost for those will be fixed at $8.35.
Packages 5 - 70 lbs
These will ship with USPS Priority Mail by default, with pricing based on weight and distance starting at $8.35. You can alternatively select Ground Advantage or Flat-Rate shipping for shipments over 5 lbs within seller shipping settings.
USPS Ground Advantage commercial rates (see full rate card here):
USPS Priority Mail commercial rates (see full rate card here):
If the seller has selected Flat Rate, they will ship via Flat Rate for a fixed price of $8.35 per shipment.
- Zones are calculated by distance between the seller and the buyer. You can look up zones for orders by using the USPS zone lookup tool.
- USPS pricing is subject to change - as our costs are updated, we may update our pricing. You can find more on the USPS’s shipping prices here.
- For sellers in Media Mail eligible categories, you will continue to use Media Mail labels when the price is cheaper than standard Priority Mail or Priority Mail Flat Rate labels.
- For packages over 1 cubic foot in volume, users will be charged based on the dimensional weight of the package. You can find more details here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.