Media Mail is a cost-effective shipping method you can take advantage of when buying certain types of products.
Media Mail Eligibility
- Media Mail will be available if the show and item fall under the categories of Vinyl Records, CDs and Cassettes, Movies, or Books.
- When adding a listing in the appropriate show and item category, we will automatically charge our Media Mail shipping rate.
- If a buyer makes multiple purchases in your show, including a non-media mail-eligible item, the items will be bundled without using Media Mail.
- Eligible items 70 lbs or lower qualify for Media Mail.
Media Mail rates are limited to the items listed below:
- Books (at least 8 pages)
- Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs
- Play scripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music
- Printed music
- Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media
- Sixteen-millimeter or narrower-width films
- Printed objective test materials and their accessories
- Printed educational reference charts
- Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students
Media Mail packages may not contain advertising. Comic books do not meet this standard and thus are not eligible for Media Mail.
To learn more about Media Mail eligibility, visit this USPS Media Mail guide.
Media Mail packages must have a delivery address and the sender’s return address and are subject to inspection by the Postal Service. Please visit the USPS website for more information regarding Media Mail.
Media Mail is not available for Marketplace items at this time.
Media Mail Pricing
Media Mail prices are based on the weight of the item. Shipping starts at $3.49 and increases as the weight increases (up to 70 lbs). To view all Media Mail prices broken down by weight, visit this USPS shipping price list and scroll down to Media/Library Mail.
If you are found abusing our shipping pricing structure, you may be subject to corrective action and billed back for incorrect shipping charges.
Questions or concerns? Click here or email email@example.com to reach out to our Support team.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Bring Your Own Label
- Post Live - Shipping
- US Domestic Shipping Prices
- Post Show Shipping Adjustments
- Shipping with Flat-Rate Packaging
- Offering Free or Reduced Shipping to Buyers
- Shipping FAQ
- Offering and Shipping PSA Grading Requests
- International Shipping Customs and Imports
- Media Mail Eligibility and Pricing
Please sign in to leave a comment.