Whatnot’s Bring Your Own Label (BYOL) program empowers sellers with the flexibility to choose additional shipping providers that are not natively integrated into our platform. BYOL allows sellers to use labels from other carriers to fulfill their shipments when needed to better meet buyer and seller needs.
Note: This is only available in the UK and France at this time.
Using Bring Your Own Label
- Go to whatnot.com on your web browser.
- Click the profile icon in the top right-hand corner and select Seller Hub.
- Click on the "Shipments" tab then select the livestream you just ran.
- Click on the order to find the address information for each buyer.
- Purchase the label from the carrier’s site.
- Return to the Whatnot Seller Hub and select Enter Tracking Code to update the tracking number.
- Drop off all packages within two days of your show.
Orders will be marked as delivered three weeks after you enter a tracking number.
You will be paid seven days after the order’s tracking number is entered. Your payout will include the total order amount and the shipping costs paid by the buyer. For Early Payout sellers, you will be paid out for the orders and the shipping costs as you add tracking numbers to your orders. BYOL also applies to giveaway orders and the shipping costs for those will be added to your payout.
Buyers are charged the standard shipping cost rates. If you use BYOL, we will add this charge to your ledger. If the cost you pay for a label off Whatnot is greater than what we charge, you are responsible for the overage, and Whatnot will not reimburse you.
Sellers may still use the Whatnot-generated labels to ship their packages. Once you update a tracking number for a shipment, you will not be able to use one of our generated labels.
In the UK, BYOL can only be used with Royal Mail tracking numbers/labels. In France, BYOL can only be used with Colissimo and Mondial Relay for international orders.