Once you start selling on Whatnot, you’ll want to set up a way to receive those payments by linking your Stripe account.
Note: Whatnot has replaced Dwolla with Stripe Connect to allow sellers to receive payments via direct deposit to their bank account. Moving forward, to cash out payments to your bank account, you must set up an account with Stripe and connect it with your Whatnot payment settings.
To set up your Stripe account to receive payments, visit this article to learn more.
Once your payment info is set up, you can receive payments from your Whatnot account. Any payouts initiated will appear in the Payout History section on the Payments page.
Cashing Out Payments To Your Stripe Account
- Go to whatnot.com in your web browser.
- Click the profile icon in the top right-hand corner, then select Payments from the dropdown.
- At the bottom of the page, select Cash Out with Stripe Connect. (Please note:
Minimum payout request allowed is $1)
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I cash out but don’t receive my payment?
If a payout transfer fails, the funds will be returned to your balance in the app and you will have the opportunity to try transferring the payment again.
If it has been over 72 hours and you still have not received your payment, please reach out to Whatnot Support with the date of the transfer in question and the amount you attempted to transfer.
I was suspended/banned but didn’t cash out my payments yet. What do I do?
If you’ve been suspended, you can cash out any existing balance once your suspension has been lifted.
If you’ve been banned, you’ll receive an automatic cash out of your remaining balance within 14 days of the ban.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Receiving Payments as a US Seller
- Whatnot’s data sharing obligations for EU (DAC7) and UK sellers
- Receiving and Managing Tips
- Whatnot and Form 1099-K
- Processing Fees FAQ
- Early Payout Program
- What are Whatnot's selling fees?
- What happens if I submit a payout request but don’t receive the payout?
- United States Sales Tax and Tax Exemption
- Setting Up A Stripe Account to Receive Payments