Anyone can tag another Whatnot user in a livestream chat. Tagging refers to when you type the @ symbol into a chat followed by the username of the person you want to tag (e.g., @whatnotuser).
As you begin typing a username into chat, a list of usernames that match what you type will appear in a list that updates as you type.
If someone tags you in a livestream, you’ll receive a push notification on your mobile device (depending on your notification settings).
Note: Users are limited to how many times they can tag you in a given time frame. There are also limits to how many notifications you will receive when you are tagged multiple times in a livestream.
Viewing chats you were tagged in
- Open the Whatnot app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Notifications bell icon in the bottom menu. Notifications for chats you’ve been tagged in will appear with the following info:
- The username of the person who tagged you.
- The livestream in which you were tagged.
- The full message your username was tagged in.
You can limit when you’d like to receive notifications when you're tagged by going to your notification settings.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Can I Get Sponsored by Whatnot?
- Claiming and Using a Coupon
- Connecting with Friends in the Whatnot App
- For You Feed Ranking Overview
- Blocking a User
- Handling Shipping Delays During an Emergency
- Using and viewing chat tags in a livestream
- Add and Manage your Shipping Address
- How do I update my email address?
- Updating Your Phone Number
Article is closed for comments.