You can report a user (buyer or seller) breaking our community guidelines directly in-app or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. All reports are anonymous.
Within a livestream, you can click on the username to find the “report” button, which will then lead you to prompts to help you report the incident.
You can also report a user in your DM by clicking “...” more options button on the upper right corner.
Once a report is received, Whatnot’s Trust & Safety team investigates the facts, analyzes relevant history and data, and reviews live streams to gather evidence of potential violations. During an ongoing investigation, Whatnot may temporarily suspend the reported user’s access to features, including their ability to go live.
In addition to responding to reports, the Trust and Safety team also launches investigations proactively based on data analysis and tip-offs from the community. We regularly monitor seller and buyer data to understand patterns and habitual abuse of our policies. If we detect a pattern with evidence, we will take action against the user.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Tips Terms and Conditions
- Avoiding communication scams on Whatnot
- Seller Coupon Terms & Conditions
- Whatnot Watch Moderator Program
- High Value Loss Reimbursement Policy
- Whatnot Community Guidelines
- How do I start selling?
- How To Report A User & How We Investigate
- Who do I contact if there's a problem with my order?
- Keeping Whatnot Safe