The seller referral program is designed to give live sellers and verified buyers on Whatnot a way to be rewarded by helping us grow the community.
Here’s how the seller referral program works:
- In the US and Canada, you can earn a $40 bonus when you refer a seller. In the UK: £40 bonus for each new, qualified seller referral. In France: €40 bonus for each new, qualified seller referral
- Once you’ve qualified for the seller referral payout, you will receive an email confirming the details of your referral and payout.
- Only the referrer will receive the Seller Referral Bonus. The person being referred does not receive a bonus.
- The $40 payout credit can take up to 2-3 business days from the issued payment to appear in your Whatnot account balance.
Note: The seller referral program ($40 bonus) differs from the buyer referral program ($10 bonus) or the Whatnot Ambassador program ($25 bonus). If a new seller signs up using your Seller Referral link, you will not receive the buyer referral bonus in addition to the seller referral bonus. Sellers can only earn a referral bonus when referring other sellers located in their same region. For example, a European-based seller can only receive a referral bonus for referring other sellers based in either the UK or France. Similarly, sellers in US & Canada can only receive a bonus when they refer sellers based in either USA or Canada.
How to Qualify
To qualify for the Seller Referral program and earn a $40 bonus:
- You must be:
- An existing Whatnot live seller (made at least one sale during a live show) OR
- A verified buyer (have a verified ID on file)
- The seller you refer must not have previously applied to sell on Whatnot.
To receive the seller referral bonus, the new seller you referred must:
- Go live and make at least one qualifying sale.
- The qualifying order is successfully shipped and delivered to the buyer.
Referring a Seller
- Open the Whatnot app or go to www.whatnot.com on your web browser.
- If you’re on the mobile app, tap the profile picture icon at the bottom right.
- Click or tap the Earn $40 button at the top of your screen.
- Under Share link with friends, click or tap Share (on iOS) or Copy to copy your referral link.
- Share your referral link.
- We may suspend or terminate the program or a user’s ability to participate in it at any time for any reason.
- Please keep in mind that the seller referral link and the buyer referral link ($10) are different. The use of the Buyer Referral Link will not count toward the seller referral bonus when the new user applies to become a seller.
Seller Referral Program FAQ
Who can I refer?
Anyone who has not previously applied to sell on Whatnot.
How do I get paid after the person I referred goes live?
If eligible for the referral bonus:
- The payment will be applied to your Whatnot account balance.
- Note: You will need a payment method added to your Whatnot account to cash it out.
- It can take 2-3 business days after Whatnot issues the payment for it to be reflected in your account balance.
What is a qualifying sale?
- A sale that is made during a live stream. This can be an auction or Buy It Now item.
- The item must sell for $1 or more.
- The “sold item” cannot be a giveaway.
- The order must be delivered to the buyer and marked complete (which typically happens 72 hours after delivery).
- The item purchased cannot be made by the seller whose referral link you used.
What happens if the person who used my link also used another seller’s referral link?
If the same new seller is referred by multiple users, only the first referral will be considered for the referral bonus.
Why did I not receive the Seller Referral bonus?
- The user applied to be a seller before using a seller’s referral link.
- The user was already referred by another seller. Only the first referral is eligible for the referral bonus.
- The user was sent a buyer referral link instead of the seller referral link.
- A seller referred themselves from a secondary account. This is referral abuse and can result in your removal from the Whatnot platform.
Why is my Seller Referral bonus delayed?
- The new seller changed their username/email after they were approved to go live.
- The new seller’s application is still under review.
- The new seller has not yet gone live.
- The new seller has gone live but has not yet made a qualifying sale.
- The new seller has gone live and made a sale, but it has not been delivered yet.
If you have not received your referral bonus or you have any additional questions or concerns, please email email@example.com with your username and the username of the seller you referred.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Hazardous Materials Policy
- Strategic Seller Terms and Conditions
- Sneakers & Streetwear Mystery Box Policy
- Whatnot Cosmetics Policy
- Whatnot Knives Policy
- Moderator Guidelines
- What Actions We Take
- What happens when there is a counterfeit item being sold?
- Gambling, Purchase-Based Prizes, Break and Mystery Box Policy
- IP Policy