The Whatnot mobile app allows you to choose when you’d like to receive push notifications on your iOS or Android device.
You can configure your settings to receive mobile notifications when:
- A streamer you follow goes live.
- A stream you’ve bookmarked goes live.
- Anytime someone @mentions you in a livestream. You can also specify when you’d like to receive these notifications: from anyone who tags you, only people you follow who tag you, or never.
- Someone starts following you.
Note: Users are limited to how many times they can tag you in a given time frame. There are also limits to how many notifications you will receive when you are tagged multiple times in a livestream.
Setting your Notification Settings
- Open the Whatnot app on your mobile device.
- Tap the person icon in the bottom menu.
- Tap the Menu two-lines icon in the top right corner
- Scroll down to the Account section and tap Notifications (for iOS) or Notification Settings (for Android).
- Set your mobile notification preferences:
- Tap the toggle next to Shows from Sellers I Follow and Shows I’ve Bookmarked to turn mobile notifications on or off for those shows.
- Tap Chat Tagging and choose if you’d like to receive notifications when you’re @mentioned in a livestream. You can choose between:
- Everyone (default): Receive a notification anytime someone tags you in a livestream chat.
- Following only: Only receive notifications when someone you follow tags you in a livestream chat.
- No one: Never receive a notification if someone tags you in a livestream chat.
- Tap the toggle next to New Followers to turn notifications on or off when someone starts following you.
Live Show Settings from Sellers you Follow (for iOS)
Through the seller Whatnot profile, you have the option to select from the below notification preferences to choose what push notifications you receive when they go live:
- All Notifications: You’ll receive a push notification every time the seller goes live
- Personalized Notifications: You’ll receive push notifications for the shows you’re likely to open based on past push notification open behavior. This is the default option.
- No Notifications: You won’t receive any push notifications when you go live unless you bookmark/save your shows
Tap on the bell icon at the top right of the seller’s profile to change settings.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Understanding and Using Seller Analytics
- Livestream Tools
- Running Simultaneous Auctions and Giveaways in Your Livestream
- Creating New Anytime Auctions
- Promote Tools
- Collection of Canadian GST/HST, QST and PST
- Whatnot Show Promotion
- Creating and Managing Coupons for your Livestream
- Show Notes
- Seller Hub Overview