Selling or listing counterfeit items on Whatnot is illegal and strictly prohibited. Sellers must be able to prove the authenticity of all items sold or listed on our platform.
Counterfeit items include:
- Any item that intentionally deceives a buyer into believing it is an original item, typically by using a brand’s name, logo, or other intellectual property without the brand owner’s consent
- Any item with intentionally falsified features (i.e. fake signatures, altered dates)
Selling or listing counterfeit items on Whatnot could lead to removal of the listing and a suspension or ban from our platform. Counterfeit items that are sold will not be returned to the seller and Whatnot reserves the right to charge sellers the total cost of these items to refund buyers, including order value, tax, and shipping.
If you believe you have received a counterfeit item, you can report the item in Purchases. Refunds are subject to our return policy. You may be asked to provide additional information including photo evidence. In some cases we may ask for the item to be returned to our warehouse for further investigation. You will not be eligible for a refund until you comply with these requests.
If following our review we cannot confirm an item’s authenticity, you will be refunded. If after our review the item is found to be authentic, the item will be shipped back to you at no cost.
Whatnot will work to provide any information properly requested by law enforcement to prosecute sellers who sell counterfeit items on Whatnot.Selling items that do not adhere to our IP policy is also strictly prohibited. If you are a brand or rights owner concerned about copyright or trademark infringement or counterfeit items, please review our IP policy page.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Avoiding communication scams on Whatnot
- Blocking a User
- Deleting Your Whatnot Account
- Giveaways Overview
- How To Report A User & How We Investigate
- IP Policy
- Keeping Whatnot Safe
- Plants on Whatnot - Best Practices
- What happens when there is a counterfeit item being sold?
- Whatnot & The EU Digital Services Act