We do everything we can to protect sellers and ensure you’re paid for each sale. We hold the money for every sale until your item is authenticated, or 48-72 hours after a buyer receives it. Sellers are not responsible for chargebacks.
You will be paid for a sale unless the following is true:
- The incorrect item is sent
- The item was counterfeit in some way (entire item, or a sticker)
- The item was clearly sent with damage that was not present in listing photos or clearly showed in a Livestream
- Your item was damaged in shipping due to improper packaging (if you follow our packing guidelines, you’ll never be responsible for shipping damage)
- The item was not scanned by the delivery company.
In the case of a dispute, Whatnot will investigate with relevant submitted information from both buyer and seller. Whatnot will make a balanced decision based on which party was properly following guidelines.
Please click here to contact our Seller Support team for any questions!
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Whatnot Plants Policy
- How to sell in Luxury Bags & Accessories on Whatnot
- Strategic Seller Terms and Conditions
- Sneakers & Streetwear Mystery Box Policy
- Whatnot Cosmetics Policy
- Whatnot Knives Policy
- Buyer Appreciation Giveaway Rules and Requirements
- Hazardous Materials Policy
- Moderator Guidelines
- What Actions We Take