Once you place a bid on an item on Whatnot, you are fully committing to that purchase.
- You can request to cancel an order at any time before the seller prints your order’s shipping label (or within 24 hours after the order was placed if the label was printed first).
- It is up to the discretion of the seller to either confirm or deny any cancellation requests. If denied, the sale is final. If the seller does not respond to a cancelation request within 48 hours, the sale will proceed as normal.
- Once the item has been shipped, you will no longer be able to cancel the order.
- If there is no update to the tracking information within 12 days, the buyer should reach out to our Support team to cancel the order.
- Buyers who repeatedly request cancellations for any reason will be subject to corrective action in accordance with our What Actions We Take guidelines.
Exceptions for final sale include
- If there is an error in the bidding process, the buyer must report the error to Whatnot Support within 2 hours for the order to be considered for cancellation. Note: Whatnot still reserves the right to deny any cancellation request.
- Whatnot allows a one-time cancellation opportunity for buyers who have not received a previous refund or cancellation, when shipping information has not yet been created. The allowance does not apply to breaks or other items that can be used or consumed on screen.
Submitting a Cancellation Request
- Open the Whatnot app on your mobile device.
- Click the Profile icon on the bottom right of the homepage.
- Click the Menu two-line icon on the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Purchases.
- Select the specific order that you would like to cancel.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Request Cancellation.
- Input the reasoning for the request into the text field.
- Click Send Request.
If you close the app, then re-open it, you should see that order showing as Pending Cancellation under your purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
I accidentally bid on an item. What should I do?
All bids are binding. Please be cautious when viewing a livestream to ensure you do not misbid on an item!
You can request to cancel your order as outlined above in Submitting a Cancellation Request. If there was a technical issue that resulted in a bidding error, you must report this error by reaching out to our Whatnot Support team within two hours of the error occurring in order for a cancellation to be considered (we do not refund for buyer’s remorse). All errors will be investigated, so please provide as much documentation and evidence of the error as possible.
How long do refunds take?
Refunds will typically take 3-5 business days (depending on your banking institution) to show up on your original form of payment from the day the refund is initiated. Please note that this refund may either show up as a credit or it may disappear from your bank statement entirely.
There is a problem with my order, and I’d like to cancel/receive a refund. However, the item is worth more than I paid. What can I do?
We are only able to refund the amount you spent on the item and not the perceived value of the item.
The only exception to this policy is in the event of missing or damaged high-value cards hit in a break. For more details on this, please check out our High-Value Loss Reimbursement Policy.
If you have any questions, please contact our Whatnot Support team through the app and we will be happy to help!