When there’s an emergency in your area (like a natural disaster, COVID, etc.), you will likely experience shipping delays for any orders you’ve sold or purchased.
We understand that even during an emergency, you’ll want to ensure your business continues to run smoothly and that you maintain good relationships with your buyers.
We recommend you do the following:
Turn on Vacation Mode in your account settings to stop any further order requests.
- Open the Whatnot app on your mobile device.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
Tap the Menu two-line icon at top right.
- Scroll down to the Selling section and toggle on Vacation Mode.
- Reach out to the buyers of any delayed orders and inform them of expected delays.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following info:
- Your username
For delayed orders purchased during a livestream:
- Title(s) and date(s) of affected livestream(s)
For delayed orders purchased from your marketplace instead of a livestream:
- Order number(s) of delayed order(s)
Note: If you sell an item during an emergency and you’re unable to ship out that item within the usual timeframe, this may affect your account’s average shipping time. However, your average shipping time will reset back to your normal time once all delayed orders have reached 30 days since they were marked as in transit.
During times of emergency, if an item you purchased is delayed, we ask that you please be patient and remain in communication with your seller.
If you continue to experience shipment delays after the emergency has passed, please report your issue in-app or contact us here.