Thank you for your interest in joining the Whatnot User Beta Program! As we continuously roll out new features, there’s an increasing need to pilot these new features with our user community (both buyers and sellers) to get some early feedback before opening it up to everyone.
How do I join the program?
We are looking for buyers and sellers that are very active on Whatnot! If you frequently watch shows and make purchases, or if you frequently go live and want to participate, you can fill out this form. Our team will reach out to you directly if you are selected to participate and add you to a Beta Test channel in our private Discord channel.
How do I download the Beta app on iOS?
- If selected, you will receive an email(s) from Apple to join the Whatnot development team at your iCloud email. Please visit the link in your email to accept the invitation.
- After accepting the invitation, install the TestFlight app by clicking this link.
- After installing TestFlight, the Beta builds will be available to install within the TestFlight app. Download the latest version of Whatnot available in TestFlight.
Note: to update the Beta app on iOS, simply log into the TestFlight app and click on "Update". Our team will notify you in Discord when a new build is available for download
How do I download the Beta app on Android?
- If selected, you will receive an email(s) from App Center to join the Whatnot organization. Please visit the link in your email to accept the invitation.
- To join the organization, you need to log in to App Center using one of your existing linkable accounts, or create a new App Center account.
- After creating an account, you’ll be presented with a list of our beta builds available for download. Download the latest version of Whatnot that is available
Note: To update the Beta app on Android, log into the App Center website and download the app APK file for the each update. You can also use a 3rd party service like App Center Downloader to accomplish this! Our team will notify you in Discord when a new build is available for download.
How to file bugs:
Filing bugs is an important part of using the Beta app. This allows you to report issues directly to our engineering team. This is how it works:
- Whatnot uses "Shake" to report bugs. When you witness a bug, simply shake your phone rapidly and a bug reporting prompt will appear
- Fill out the form and click "submit" at the bottom!
How do I opt-out of the Whatnot User Beta Program?
If you wish to opt-out of the program, please fill out this form. Once this is done, remove the Beta app from your device and reinstall Whatnot from the Google Play or App Store.
Important things to know:
- You'll be volunteering to join the program without compensation.
- You'll have access to experimental versions of the mobile apps. Please refrain from sharing or discussing app details and new features with anyone.
- You can opt-out and stop participating in the program at any time. Whatnot may also stop operating the program or cancel your participation at any time.
- You'll need to keep updating to the latest Beta releases to stay in the program. Those that do not update will be removed from the program.
- We have limited spots in our program so it’s important that our test users are active. If you haven’t sold or purchased in the previous month, we may remove your Beta access (This won't impact your ability to log in and use the regular Whatnot app)
- Please note that since the Beta app has not yet been commercially released by Whatnot, it may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not function as well as our publicly available App.
- Please report all bugs that you see using the "Shake" feature!
If you have any questions or concerns, please click here to contact our Seller Support team.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Can I Get Sponsored by Whatnot?
- Claiming and Using a Coupon
- Connecting with Friends in the Whatnot App
- For You Feed Ranking Overview
- Blocking a User
- Handling Shipping Delays During an Emergency
- Using and viewing chat tags in a livestream
- Add and Manage your Shipping Address
- How do I update my email address?
- Updating Your Phone Number
Please sign in to leave a comment.