We take the safety of our platform very seriously! We actively work to ensure counterfeit products and scammers are not present on Whatnot.
Here are some of the many steps we take to keep Whatnot safe:
- We require sellers to take pictures of their listings within the app instead of uploading photos. So what they list, they actually own.
- We verify every live-streaming seller is verified before they can go live to ensure only authentic products are sold and shipped safely.
- We require every seller to safely package their items and adhere to our guidelines.
- We require every seller to verify their phone number.
- Any sellers who knowingly sell counterfeits, or who do not properly ship products, may be removed from Whatnot.
Was this article helpful?
32 out of 108 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- Avoiding communication scams on Whatnot
- Blocking a User
- Deleting Your Whatnot Account
- Giveaways Overview
- How To Report A User & How We Investigate
- IP Policy
- Keeping Whatnot Safe
- Plants on Whatnot - Best Practices
- What happens when there is a counterfeit item being sold?
- Whatnot & The EU Digital Services Act